Interpersonal Psychotherapy Course (IPT)
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
Accredited IAPT Practitioner Training
Training Provider: IPTUK
Venue: NSCAP, 34 - 36 Springwell Road, Leeds, LS12 1AW
Dates: future course dates to be confirmed
This course is free for professionals in Yorkshire and Humber and North West regions who meet eligibility criteria. Please note - if you meet criteria but your organisation is not a part of IAPT service, you will need to fund an IPT training yourself or look for funding from your organsiation.
Cost (if not eligible for funding): £3,500 per trainee
Please note: Deadline for applications is Fri 3rd Nov 2017
About the Training
This is an approximately 9-12 months CPD course made up of a five day didactic training (on the above dates) plus one follow up day 3 months later (follow up date to be confirmed). The initial training days are followed by weekly supervision (4 IPT cases, 16 sessions each – all sessions recorded).
The training has been commissioned by Health Education England for the Yorkshire and the Humber and North West region and will be provided by Dr Roslyn Law for IPTUK at the Northern School of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (NSCAP) in Leeds.
Who is eligible for the Training?
IPT training is available to therapists from all disciplines who are in existing employment in an organisation delivering IAPT services in Yorkshire and Humber and North West region, who have already had extensive experience of working in mental health and who have previous experience of delivering psychological therapy.
In order to be eligible to apply for the IAPT IPT practitioner course you must have a mental health professional qualification; the equivalent of at least two years post qualification full time experience working as a psychological therapist, preferably treating depression, and current access to a continuous caseload presenting with moderate to severe depression. The IPT course does not provide training suitable for candidates who are seeking initial training as a therapist, and assumes a high level of existing therapeutic competence and experience.
The pre-entry requirements are:
• a professional mental health or psychological therapy qualification e.g. counsellor, psychologist etc., and be accredited with their professional body e.g. HPC, BPS
• two years post qualification experience in conducting psychological therapy
• a statement of support from a current supervisor on their practice of psychological therapy
• a statement of support from a manager confirming protected time for training and supervision
• current employment to delivery HI therapies within a commissioned IAPT service (at least 0.6wte clinical time)
• a statement from the Clinical lead or MH Commissioner indicating a wish to commission IPT as part of the IAPT service
• availability to attend all 5 training days, plus one follow up day and complete four cases of IPT under supervision within one year of starting training
IPT course is funded by Health Education England for High Intensity Therapists who meet above eligibility criteria and who are in existing employment in an organisation delivering IAPT services. If you do meet above criteria but your organisation is not part of IAPT service/is not commissioned by NHS, you will have to fund IPT training yourself or look for funding from your organisation.
Applying for the course
To book a place on this course please download and complete the form (located on the right hand side of this website) and send to NSCAP along with a reflective reformulation, a recorded interactive role play, a statement of support from a current supervisor, a statement of support from a current line manager, a statement of support from service Commissioner/Clinical Lead.
For enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org